NEW FIREFIGHTING GEAR
Thanks to a grant obtained by Assistant Chief Funk, we have obtained new firefighting gear for all of our active members. New gear includes coats and bunker pants from Quaker, new Hoods, Gloves, Boots, and Helmets. This new gear replaces our gear that was 10+ years old and becoming unsafe to use in emergency situations. This new gear will continue to protect us as we serve the community. Thank you Chief Funk and the, and the committee that reviewed gear over the last 10 months!
A Message from the Speigletown Golf Scramble Organizing Committee
Hello Golfing friends and supporters.
The Speigletown Fire Company hopes that you are all safe and have been weathering the COVID-19 issues with your safety in mind. We have received disappointing news for our September 2020 golf outing at Frear Park. We have been notified that our tournament for 2020 has been canceled. This is unfortunate and we wish to thank all our golfers and sponsors for their support of our organization. We look forward to our 2021 tournament and hope that you will keep us in mind for September 18th, 2021, which is scheduled with Frear Park Golf Course. Thank you again and stay safe.
Speigletown Golf Committee Members
A message from the Speigletown Volunteer Fire Company regarding COVID 19
1. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Do this often, especially if you touch any public surfaces (doors, toilets, railings, etc.) or have contact with other people. Hand sanitizer can be used when soap and water are not available, but hands should be wash immediately when they are available to you.
2. Cough into your elbow. Do not cough into your hands. You should always cover your mouth when you cough in the vicinity of others, covering your mouth with your elbow helps reduce the spread of any germs you may have. If you cough into your hands wash your hands immediately.
3. Do not touch your face. Especially in public, and if you have not washed your hands. Most germs that cause infection enter the body through the eyes, nose and mouth, touching your face increases your chances of catching an infection if exposed.
4. Practice Social distancing. Stay at least 6 ft. away from others when in public, and avoid social spaces, if you can. Avoiding contact with others helps lessen the spread of infectious viruses like COVID 19. If you do have contact with others, avoid touching your face, and wash your hands immediately.
5. Stay home. If you can please avoid going out. If you do have to go out please practice social distancing, avoid touching your face, cough into your elbow, and wash your hands regularly.
If you think you may have contracted COVID19 you can use the CDC Self-checker. or you can call the Rensselaer Country COVID 19 hotline at 518-270-0450.
Symptoms include: Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath, tired/aches similar to the flu. If you need to get tested please call your doctor or an emergency medical facility (Walk-in Urgent Care/Emergency Room) first, before going to the facility and potentially exposing people that are there for other illnesses.
Life threatening symptoms: Trouble breathing, persistent pain/pressure in the chest, new confusion or inability to wake, bluish lips or face. If sever symptoms appear seek medical attention immediately. If you call 911 please inform the dispatcher of ALL OF YOUR SYMPTOMS!
New York State has been gradually reopening. Please see the NYS government website for more information on the state's reopening schedule, and what to do if you have been traveling in/thru other states.
If you need 911 please call. If you need emergency medical care, please remember we may show up wearing, gloves, masks, eye protection, and gowns. This is to protect EVERYONE and reduce the spread of COVID 19!
Soon things will return to normal, and we will be able to resume the monthly breakfasts and hall rentals! Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support!
We want to thank the community for their cooperation, and doing their part to lessen the spread of COVID19 Coronavirus. This is a serious public health pandemic that has greatly disrupted all of our lives. COVID 19 causes severe respiratory distress, risk and severity increase with age!
Please consider the following 5 rules to help protect yourself and everyone else from exposure to COVID 19:
Next Firehouse Breakfast
Sunday, April 12th, 7:30 - 11:30 AM
$8 per person, children under 5 eat free.
All proceeds support the fire department training activities.
Due to the current situation surrounding COVID19 and the NYS governments orders to social distance, we will be postoning our montly breakfasts, until deemed safe to resume.
Please stay tuned for when we are able to return!!!
The mission of the Speigletown District Volunteer Fire Company is to protect life and property from fire and other emergencies through incident response, public education, and thorough training of Fire & EMS personnel. It's the District's endeavor to deliver the highest level of care, including Basic Life Support First Response EMS, to our residents at the lowest cost, with the most modern and advanced Firefighting and EMS equipment to be provided to Speigletown Fire District personnel. As well as having the highest regard for the personal safety of the public and district personnel. As a customer driven organization, it is our mission and number one priority to deliver the best possible service to our customers.
Speigletown Fire Company Mission Statement
Interested in joining Speigletown Volunteer Fire Department?
We always welcome new members; social and active firefighters. For information on the different types of membership, please check out our 'Join' page for details on types of membership, how you can help out, and for a membership application.
Do you shop on Amazon and want to help Speigletown Fire Department? Consider adding us to your Amazon Smile.
Did you know that Amazon.com will make a small donation to the Non-profit group of your choice every time you shop? It is called Amazon smile. If you do any shopping through Amazon you can designate Speigletown Fire to receive a donation from Amazon worth 0.5% of the purchase price. There is no additional cost to you. Please use the following instructions to set up Speigletown Fire as the destination for your donation:
1. Log on to Amazon through the address: http://www.smile.amazon.com
2. On the top right click on "Accounts and Lists"
3. Select "Your Amazon Smile"
4. On the right select "Change your Charity"
4. In the search box at the bottom of the window type "Speigletown Fire" and then press "Search"
5. Select Speigletown Distric Volunteer Fire Co.
6. Use htps://smile.amazon.com ever time you shop to have Amazon make a donation to Speigletown Fire